Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A New Project


It's a real bummer when you finish what you're working on and you think you have nothing else to do. Actually, I have PLENTY to do - like vacuuming, cleaning, walking, etc., but who wants to do THAT when you can sew?! Soooo, I found some more fabric, actually Michaela found it, and started asking questions about what could be made with it. I told her the cut strips were perfect for making a "stripes quilt" that I have been wanting to work on. I had a little free time, so thought I would start it for her, as she was nervous that she would mess it up. Whatever. So here is the startings of it, I still have more strips to add to it. The colors in the photo don't do it justice. They are brilliant and rich. I'm thinking I might just make this for my bed. It would look great with the right border and some yummy pillows to match. Be back soon...

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I want to make one now. I never thought of making a stripes quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are gorgeous!!! And I love your last quilt you posted as well...tried to leave several comments...but Blogger wasn't being kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it. And the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a suggestion on what to do with all those stripes - but I don't remember what the quilt is called - it is one from Quilt in a Day. You have been busy! I want to sew, sew, sew - but no time. Instead I stalk everyone's blogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete