Thursday, February 11, 2010

One forgotten and One in the works...

This last month I had to tell myself that I couldn't even look at my sewing machine because of a huge commitment that I had been involved in. Well, that is over and done with (and was a success, I might add) so now back to my machine, which is back from the dealer and running like a dream. I decided that my stash of charm packs was taking over my sewing room, so settled on this quick, one day project that finished up rather cute. I love these little gems hanging over the back of a chair, which is where they end up finding themselves. So here is the forgotten one...
and the one in progress. This little quickie used one of my honeybuns. This pattern is "Times Square" and ends up looking pretty spring-y in the "Swanky" fabrics. I just need to quilt this and bind it. I'm still trying to decide which overall quilting pattern I want to do on it. I know that I don't really want to do a stitch-in-the-ditch on it. That would take too much time and I want to get onto that next project. I have lost time to catch up on!

4 comments:

  1. Nice. And I'm glad your machine is running good again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to pop in and see what you have going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the stitcheries. The word changes make good sense. Good color choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your encouraging comment. I want to someday be like you and quilt a beautiful quilt. I love your latest projects. They are wonderful. Sure am glad to count you as one of my friends.

    ReplyDelete