Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Finished Project



I know this is hard to see, but I finally finished this project that my sisters and I have been working on for about a year. It's my first Lori Holt pattern, one of many that I have, and it was sure fun to do. We adapted some of the blocks to be more personal for our family, which made the quilt even more special. I am glad that I solicited my sisters' help in this, but feel that I could tackle a whole quilt by myself next time...at least I will know what to expect! We presented it to mom and dad for their 59th Wedding Anniversary over 4th of July weekend at the cabin. They were pretty touched. Life is good...

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I wish I could have seen it in person before you presented it to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made it work for your family. The car is so cute. It turned out really nice I bet your mom and dad love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Vicki, I have not visited for a while, so I am sorry, but this quilt that is finished is amazing and I have looked over your others and wow, they are all gorgeous. You are so talented! love you friend!

    ReplyDelete