Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My First "Quilted" Quilt!


I am so excited to introduce you to my very first "quilted" quilt! I have been doing quilts for all of my grandkids when they are born, but they are crib size and hand quilted, which I love to do, but is just different. I picked up my quilt today from the quilt store and just looking at it makes me happy. I love the fabric, love the daisy edge-to-edge on it, and love the fabric incorporated into the back. All I have left to do is bind it, then it becomes the granddaughters' quilt that stays at grandma's house. I have charm packs in "Zippety Doo Dah" to do one for the grandsons. Stay tuned...Yay me!

9 comments:

  1. It is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no turning back now...next you'll be machine quilting them yourself!! This quilt looks adorable, love the fabric.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes....it is adorable and will be so nice to see grandkids cuddle under in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is absolutely gorgeous. Nice job! I love the colors - they just sing "Spring" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Vicki! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is so cute!! I just got done taking a quilting class so I can finally learn to do some fun quilting projects the correct way!! Nice job, I can't wait to see the grandson quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Any granddaughter would be proud to sleep under this quilt! Or just cuddle with it! It looks really cute! You should be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU did a great job! Last summer I had my a quilt "machine quilted." It makes me happy to just see it, the quilter did a fantastic job! Good luck on your new project. Mine is making a pattern that will fit Sheila (the MIL)!

    ReplyDelete