Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The "Lighter" Version


Okay, first off, I owe a big kudos to my friend's husband for this post. It is here because, and probably only because of him. He about tackled me at my son's last basketball game to tell me that his wife had made "that chocolate cake", and that it was the best thing he had ever tasted. (That guy must not get out much!) He had asked if I had ever tried a lemon version of the cake, which of course, had NEVER even crossed my mind. So, this is for you Bill. By the way, "lighter" means as in color, not calories...sorry. Here's the recipe that I came up with:
Lemon Pound Cake
Cream together: 1 1/2 c. soft butter
3 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
the zest and juice of 1 lemon
Add one at a time: 5 eggs
Add alternately dry and wet ingredients:
(wet) 1 c. sour milk (add 1 Tbs. vinegar to sour)
(all dry) 2 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Grease and flour bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Either dust with powdered sugar, or glaze with a lemon glaze.

1 comment:

  1. It is sooo good...and you already posted the recipe!!! Wow! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete