Saturday, May 23, 2009

Finished Work!

The husband and kids are up at the family cabin for Memorial Weekend. Mom didn't get to go because of church commitments, chickens to feed, and the garden to keep alive through the heat of Nevada - but no fretting, because it has given me lots of free time to sew and get some things done - and I don't mean laundry. Actually, I did the laundry and house work yesterday, so that I could "play" today. So I high-tailed it on getting ready this morning and started right in on some stitching on my "Be Attitude" blocks, then on to this table runner. I decided to "stitch-in-the-ditch" it myself, and even got the binding on it tonight. It is already gracing my kitchen table. Today I had a chance to go over to Sherri's house and borrow a few patterns. She even gave me a magazine that she didn't have use for. What a true friend! I'll take the day off tomorrow to keep the Sabbath Day holy, then ready or not...here comes Monday!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    Your table runner looks beautiful, love all the colors. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful...and the brownies were delicious...they're already gone...but we all got one except Chelsi...silly girl doesn't eat chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the runner! How are you going to go to the 4th with the garden and chickens, can you find somebody to tend them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your table runner! Such nice warm vibrant colors.
    Sometimes it's nice to have some alone time or "me time" away from others. It sounds like you made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table runner turned out fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete